Friday, December 18, 2009

Truths: Christmas Caution

Okay, this has to be brief...but after last night I just wanted to caution everyone on the dangers of the Holidays... No, not the fires from the Christmas lights, or the evergreen candles, not the burns from the cookies or taking out the turkey...not even the danger of icey roads... or the chipped tooth from Aunt Edna's fruitcake.

Beware of opening up the boxes... Last night I was opening a large box that came from my step-daughter in CA..full of presents for us...and BAM the scissors caught on the tape and sliced my finger right open.

As it happened, I quietly murmured,"Oh no!" To which my husband went out to get the mail. When he came back, I was at the front door bleeding all over and saying ,"This isn't good!."

We grabbed my purse and went to the Urgent Care... I was treated by a wonderful nurse and a great Dr. - who just so happened to be a surgeon in the past..so her sewing skills were impeccable.

None the less - I am pecking away writing this blog - so it has to be short...

I just wanted to caution everyone to be careful as they anxiously open their gifts this Christmas... red might be one of the signature colors of Christmas - but it is better to leave it on the ornaments and other decor.

On a good note - they said absolutely no dish washing!

2 comments:

  1. Of course it came from my package : ( Not from a broken bulb or an icy sidewalk........My gift to you is no dish washing this Christmas ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch! Poor Beck! And you wrote so eloquently on such a painful mishap!

    ReplyDelete