Monday, September 26, 2011

Tails: I believe in karma

I am a horrible person. I am.

I actually reveled in a person’s injury yesterday. Smiled when I heard about it on the news. Raised my arms and waved them like when I cheer for my daughter’s soccer team.

I could not have been more elated.

Michael Vick, Philadelphia Eagle’s star quarterback, the one they signed for 130 million dollars broke his arm yesterday.

What utterly gratifying news.

No, it wasn’t quite as good as it could have been. He broke his right arm not his left and he is a lefty QB – but it is my hope that his return is doubtful.

I don’t know where to begin really. But I do believe in karma.

Vick whined on TV last night – crying that people are out to get him… the refs don’t call roughing the passer like they would on other QB’s. That they treat him unfairly and allow him to get injured.

BOO HOO!

How on Earth can anyone feel one ounce of sympathy for a dog killer – and not just one dog – many dogs and not humanely – he strangled them, he beat them, he shot them.

Forgive me for reveling in his injury – but does he really feel he doesn’t deserve the punishment?

He violently hurt helpless dogs – they didn’t have helmets or pads – and they certainly never blamed their injuries on the refs.

Quite frankly, I praise the players who go after him with a vengeance. I even praise the refs who perhaps might just look the other way. Someone needs to make him pay for what he did – certainly no one else has.

So, I believe in karma – not just how it has come back to bite Vick in the ass (pun kind of intended) but how it is killing the owners and coaches of the Eagles.

Shame on them for giving such a “jerk” a second chance. (I wanted to use another word – but I refrained)

Now as they watch their 130 million dollars flash before their eyes and their hopes of winning a superbowl go down the toilet, I smile.

In fact, I laugh.

There is one group of people I do feel sorry for: the players on the Eagles who never got to voice their opinion. I am certain there are a few on the team – who despise Vick for what he did – but now they are stuck with him.

And maybe I feel a bit sorry for any Eagles fans – who love their team but hate cheering for Vick.

Vick suffered a concussion last week and now a broken arm – how can you not believe in karma?

No comments:

Post a Comment