Monday, February 1, 2010

Truths: I misrepresented Rep. Jack Franks but not my opinion of him

I just received a call from Rep. Jack Franks' office...(I guess people really do read this blog!) And, I feel as though I owe him a retraction - I still don't owe him a vote. I said that he voted against the puppy mill bill - but what I should have said to be more accurate - is that he removed himself from sponsoring the puppy mill bill. Senator Althoff did not remove herself from the bill and for that I am grateful. She has my support.

The bill never came to a vote so my original comment was inappropriate. I apologize.

But, regardless, the fact remains - ending the suffering of puppy mill dogs is what is important to me and by Rep. Franks actions, the issue was not important to him. And, that is why he lost my vote.

2 comments:

  1. You are famous!! I'm so proud!!! (I had a zit on my chin the week before my 20th class reunion, btw...) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for calling your rep to the mat. That is our job, to make sure they are doing their job. You may have had a few inaccuracies, but the gist is still important. I agree, politics is ugly. Seeing my good friends go through it is hard, but they are good people and hopefully politics doesn't change that!

    ReplyDelete